70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Default Suns #14 TJ Warren, #18 Tyler Ennis, #27 Bogdan Bogdanovic

For the sake of it.

#14 T.J Warren

[QUOTE]The Suns wasted no time snapping up TJ Warren with the 14th pick, their first of three first-round selections in the 2014 NBA Draft.

The 6-8 swingman out of North Carolina State impressed scouts in general and Phoenix specifically with his elite ability to score around the rim.

Warren was named the 2014 ACC Player of the Year after leading N.C. State with averages of 24.9 points, 7.1 rebounds and 1.8 steals per contest while shooting 52.5 percent from the field

Warren worked out for Phoenix on June 5 and convinced the Suns' front office that opponents will have a hard time game-planning for his particular skill set.

"He
    Last edited by livingby3's; 06-27-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Default Re: Suns Take TJ Warren With 14th Pick

tell me more about him, thoughts on the pick, the little I've heard sounds like carlos boozer or elton brand, undersized pf scoring type.

looking further into it, he's nothing like those two. compared to Caron Butler on nbadraft.net.

Didn't really follow the draft. But from what I read, Warren is a capable and creative scorer from the paint to mid range. Equipped with only an average athletic ability, but dude play smart with his strength and skills to score his points. I think his ability to score points at the 4 was what attracted the Suns, since we lack consistency there. He will get his opportunity since Horny likes to go small ball in short burst during the games. From Coach he's great defensively, but personally I don't like that he's undersized and most probably will have troubles guarding big PFs.

Tyler Ennis seems like a meh pick, when the Suns already had proven point guards in Dragic and Bledsoe. Unless he's a trade piece since there are teams out there lacking depth at the point. Suns see him as a pure point.

Suns had been wanting to get a good perimeter shooter from this draft, and Bogdan Bogdanovic fits the bill. Only watched short clips of him but using generalization being a Euro would mean he's smart and good at shooting right? we shall see if he pends out. Seems like a really good pick at 27.

Overall I don't really like tweeners, so I'm not sure whether I like the Warren pick. But the Suns do lack consistent scoring from the frontcourt, so yeah, especially since he's a renown scorer.
    I do like the Bogdan pick alot. Grabbing a deadeye shooter at 27 is great. Probably will be a great fit playing with Dragic, who likes to drive and kick. Shooters always find a spot on an NBA roster, I can't wait to see him play.

And with the #50 pick in the NBA draft, the Phoenix Suns select Alec Brown. A 7 footer who can stretch it out to the perimeter.

We lost a lot of close games last season that we should have won. Ish Smith running the offense was one of many factors that contributed to the loss and we now have a great backup PG in Ennis and also a potential go-to scorer in Warren to help the second unit.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Dont like the tj warren pick. He's not strong enough nor big enough to defend an NBA PF, he'll get bullied in the post. Too slow and poor defender to defend a sf or a big guard.

I can look past the lack of athleticism but he doesn't play smart. A lot of weaknesses are small details he should have learned or improved on. The big upside of this kid is he can score in many ways but what good is that when he'll be played at the 4 spot? We get abused down there, especially in our conference when we have to deal with a lot of bigs.
    Thanks for the insights man

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Dont like the tj warren pick. He's not strong enough nor big enough to defend an NBA PF, he'll get bullied in the post. Too slow and poor defender to defend a sf or a big guard.

I can look past the lack of athleticism but he doesn't play smart. A lot of weaknesses are small details he should have learned or improved on. The big upside of this kid is he can score in many ways but what good is that when he'll be played at the 4 spot? We get abused down there, especially in our conference when we have to deal with a lot of bigs.
    After brushing up on him, I can't see the Suns playing him at the 4 (cept for maybe some small ball scenarios). The only logical situation seems to play him at the 3 and hope he improves (enough) on defense.

I'd also like to add that I don't know anything..

128 time NBA All Star Run&Gun=Fun's Avatar

I would have preferred James Young at #14 and Warren might still have been available at 18.

Bogdanovic looks like a good selection.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

I like the picks. Other guys i would consider drafting are James Young, Gary Harris (as a trade piece) and Rodney Hood (will fit great with our running lineup). I like Ennis, but i have a feeling he's a bad fit playing behind Goran/Bled/Ish. Gut feeling tells me he'll end up like Kendall Marshall.

Was really hoping Lavine or Saric drop to us, unfortunately they were taken just before our pick.

Like how we could have gotten Jeremy Lamb who was taken a pick before Marshall. Had Lamb fell to 13 he might have developed well with the Suns.

TJ been beasting this Summerleague. would like to see him play in an actual NBA game. So far it seems like I was wrong about him