Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default In their primes: Rod Strickland or Kenny Anderson?

who do you take?

two great PG's. great assist men. explosive when driving to the hoop. who's better in your opinion?

Default Re: In their primes: Rod Strickland or Kenny Anderson?

Rod was better, and it pains me to say it as I was a Kenny Anderson fanboy when he first entered the league.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Rod was better, and it pains me to say it as I was a Kenny Anderson fanboy when he first entered the league.
    I agree.

I'm thinking Strickland had the more complete game. On ball handling and passing alone, I'd go with Anderson.

Mathius

Give me Rod, could post up like he sold D on the block.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kenny supposed to be the second coming of Isiah out of high school? But to answer the question I'll roll with Rod by a slim margin.

rod strickland. he STILL gets talked about when the subject of guards who get in the lane at will comes up. i've heard his name so much over the last few weeks, it's crazy.

and, of course... i had a lot of fun watching that guy in his blazer days. he was incredible to watch. those floaters... i'm not going to lie, after he came here, i transferred part of my Tim Hardaway fanboyness over to Rod, and tried to hit everyone with a timmy crossover followed by a strickland floater.

for a guy who i never saw dunk, he was arguably one of the best finishers i've ever seen.

Strickland was better, though I was a big fan of Kenny Anderson.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I was a huge Kenny guy going back to high school, but it's Strickland and it's not that close even. Kenny just never was able to shoot well enough to force people to come out and guard him so he could blow by. And the knocks on Rod, like the fact that he was considered something of a locker room politician, could all be held against Kenny too, so it's not even like some of the other lesser quality but close guys where you may take a hit on talent for the character stuff.

Kenny was so much fun to watch though. Being a Syracuse fan, I so wanted those Net teams to be good.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy77
    rod strickland. he STILL gets talked about when the subject of guards who get in the lane at will comes up. i've heard his name so much over the last few weeks, it's crazy.

and, of course... i had a lot of fun watching that guy in his blazer days. he was incredible to watch. those floaters... i'm not going to lie, after he came here, i transferred part of my Tim Hardaway fanboyness over to Rod, and tried to hit everyone with a timmy crossover followed by a strickland floater.

for a guy who i never saw dunk, he was arguably one of the best finishers i've ever seen.

are you schizophrenic?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Depends on the team structure. Rod is a better individual player, but Kenny may work better simply as a distributer/team player.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    are you schizophrenic?
    finisher doesn't necessarily mean dunker. the guy finished dribble drives so consistently... i wouldn't be surprised if his fg% around the rim was in the high 70s. i'm being serious.

people who saw him play a lot will probably be right there with me on this, but... i don't know if i *ever* saw him miss anything inside five feet.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Amazing how little respect Rod got. I remember when he was with the Bullets and teaming up with Webber and Howard how he put up, like, 18 and 10 with a decent fg% one year and still didn't make the all-star game.

He also had probably the most disgusting pre-game habit I've ever heard of. Before each game, he'd load up on hot dogs, nachos, McDonald's, and other types of fast food, then occasionally vomit on the sidelines mid-way through the game. Although maybe that explains the all-star and all-nba snubs...

I only caught both of them at the tail end of their careers, but they both seemed to float around for awhile.

I'll take Rod but both players underachieved a bit they had potential to be greater.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Amazing how little respect Rod got. I remember when he was with the Bullets and teaming up with Webber and Howard how he put up, like, 18 and 10 with a decent fg% one year and still didn't make the all-star game.

He also had probably the most disgusting pre-game habit I've ever heard of. Before each game, he'd load up on hot dogs, nachos, McDonald's, and other types of fast food, then occasionally vomit on the sidelines mid-way through the game. Although maybe that explains the all-star and all-nba snubs...
    That season you speak of, he actually made All-NBA 2nd team.