Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: If LeBron doesn't win another ring...

This is the LBJ Era. He's gonna win multiple NBA championships. He already surpasses Kobe Bryant.

Thunder and the Spurs were a much better team than the 2010 Celtics, and 2009 Magic. These teams would beat them in a best of 7 series.

It's pathetic how TERRIFIED Laker fans are of Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    It's pathetic how TERRIFIED Laker fans are of Lebron.
    Their not Laker fans, man. I doubt many Laker fans give a shit about LeBron. Chicago Bull fans probably do.

You don't win rings in this league without being on a stacked team and getting lucky. We can go through damn near every year and say why that team got "Lucky"

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Actually the converstation was about how Lebron faced better competition in the Finals than Kobe Bryant. Thus Magic and Celtics vs. Spurs and Thunder. Saying that the 12' Thunder or 13' Spurs are debatable as better competition than the 2010 Celtics is boderline moronic. Simple as that. 13 Spurs > 09 Magic - which you debated to no avail too - simply stupid.
    No, I didn't. I never said the 12 Thunder > 10 Celtics. I don't believe that now and I didn't believe that then. I do remember saying something along the lines of the Magic being the worst Finals team in a few years, someone said they were the weakest in the last 5 years, and I agreed.

If I were ranking the last 5 teams that lost in the Finals, I'd go:

2011 Heat
    2010 Celtics
    2013 Spurs/2012 Thunder (think you can basically flip a coin here)
    2009 Magic

And if you want to say 2010 Celtics > 2011 Heat, I don't have a problem with that.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

...OP will cream his pants with ecstasy and die happy.

I love how people rank individual players yet nobody seems look at the individual accolades.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Bla bla bla bla
    I just quoted you saying it was debatable - the suggestion alone is laughable. LoL at that load of crap. Page 109-112. Not sure if serious or retard...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...39468&page=109

He'll still be higher than Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    If the is impact and stats, then I don't see how Dirk isn't on their level. Especially come playoff time.

If it's the case for competition as well, Dirk was in a tough Western Conference for over a decade and still made 2 Finals with rosters that weren't favourites to make it. Infact, his 2011 run, his Mavs beat 3 more talented teams and he was the best players in each series.
    The thing about it is that he didn't really have to rebound. He didn't really have to play defense. He really didn't have to do anything but score. That's pretty much all. Granted, that was just one playoff run as well. Malone and Barkley did it consistently for years.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    I just quoted you saying it was debatable - the suggestion alone is laughable. LoL at that load of crap. Page 109-112. Not sure if serious or retard...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...39468&page=109
    I said the 2010 Celtics vs. the 2013 Spurs and 2012 Thunder was debatable, so what? I didn't say either team was better than the 2010 Celtics. I just wasn't as high on the 2010 Celtics as some people. They sort of limped into the playoffs and got hot and played their best basketball of the season in the Finals. If I'm being honest, I'd pick the Celtics to beat either the 2012 Thunder or the 2013 Spurs in a best-of-seven, but I think both would be a close series.

But apparently you take "debatable" as me definitively saying "2012 Thunder > 2010 Celtics", yet I'm the moron?

The next time you actually engage in any level of semi-intelligent basketball discussion on here will be the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    The thing about it is that he didn't really have to rebound. He didn't really have to play defense. He really didn't have to do anything but score. That's pretty much all. Granted, that was just one playoff run as well. Malone and Barkley did it consistently for years.
    But it wasn't just one playoff run, though. He's been a consistent 26/10/3 thread on really good efficiency. The year he won it all was just the icing in context.

Barkley wasn't a great defender either, infact it was probably no better than Dirk's. Infact, Dirk's defense wasn't a problem in 2011. Malone crumbled a lot more than having great playoff runs. Infact, his efficiency really drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    But it wasn't just one playoff run, though. He's been a consistent 26/10/3 thread on really good efficiency. The year he won it all was just the icing in context.

Barkley wasn't a great defender either, infact it was probably no better than Dirk's. Infact, Dirk's defense wasn't a problem in 2011. Malone crumbled a lot more than having great playoff runs. Infact, his efficiency really drops.
    I can't wrap my head around it I guess. In my memory they both were ferocious the whole time lol. Could be that I never fully appreciated Dirk though. I was a closet Mavs fan for a few years, but after they beat the Rockets it was all over. I very well could be biased.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

LeBron better find another superstar to join or he might be done winning his chips.

NBA rookie of the year

If LeBron doesn't win another ring he'll still be a 4 time League MVP, two time NBA Champion, two time Finals MVP.

And still better than Kobe.