Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    Haslem never guarded dirk unless you count 2 help defenders on every touch as constituting 'Haslem'. I remember Dirk dropping 50 on Haslem pretty damn easily in the regular season.
    thats the fake zone i said wouldnt work because Bird would kill it with his passing ability and superior post up game. Also it doesnt work if Dirk had a post up game, but he doesnt.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Haslem never guarded dirk unless you count 2 help defenders on every touch as constituting 'Haslem'.
    Do you even care about reality when you say things about Dirk? Even watching highlights(not even full games) you can find plenty of times Dirk was guarded one on one without help. just i nthe dirk video I made that included the finals he was guarded one on one plenty of times and I tried to not include many of them(tougher shots are better highlights).

Why people jump to that insane "Doubled everytime" claim when a star shoots poorly is beyond me. Every single time a star sucks for any period of time someone has to claim "But they got doubled every time!".

It just doesnt happen. Not even Shaq in his prime got doubled every touch. It would be basically impossible to lose if anyone on a team got a legit on the ball triple team every time he got the ball.

Dallas would put up 125 a game.

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    If Kobe is better than Jordan and dirk is better than bird...who is your top 5 all time? Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Shaq, and Magic? Or does magic lose credit for being on even more stacked team than Bird? And missing shots? Bird was a 50% shooter for his career. Not getting much better for a bigtime scorer.
    I recognize that Bird, Jordan, Magic were comparatively way more dominant in their eras than Kobe and Dirk. My point is that the sport's finally reached its critical mass where everything has now been done, the game is at its athletic peak, and the game is getting more and more revolutionized. When Jordan was in the game, he was only one of a few guys who could do what he could do. Now basically every swingman can do his moves. And there's 6'6'-6'7'' pt guards now, unlike in Magic's time when they were like 5'11-6'0''. I honestly think Kobe would've dominated too if he was in the 80s, unlike now where there's simply too many good players
    Last edited by joewait; 10-30-2006 at 10:16 PM.

I rule the local playground theinfamousmobb's Avatar

Haslem/Posey did a damn good job on Dirk, that no one can say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Do you even care about reality when you say things about Dirk? Even watching highlights(not even full games) you can find plenty of times Dirk was guarded one on one without help. just i nthe dirk video I made that included the finals he was guarded one on one plenty of times and I tried to not include many of them(tougher shots are better highlights).

Why people jump to that insane "Doubled everytime" claim when a star shoots poorly is beyond me. Every single time a star sucks for any period of time someone has to claim "But they got doubled every time!".

It just doesnt happen. Not even Shaq in his prime got doubled every time.
    he barely guarded dirk 1 on 1 and was in constant foul trouble. To say haslem shut dirk down is to say tayshaun prince shut kobe down.

Quote Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
    Haslem/Posey did a damn good job on Dirk, that no one can say otherwise.
    that and the refs letting them get away with murder

I rule the local playground theinfamousmobb's Avatar

that and the refs letting them get away with murder

I recognize that Bird, Jordan, Magic were comparatively way more dominant in their eras than Kobe and Dirk. My point is that the sport's finally reached its critical mass where everything has now been done, the game is at its athletic peak, and the game is getting more and more revolutionized. When Jordan was in the game, he was only one of a few guys who could do what he could do. Now basically every swingman can do his moves. And there's 6'6'-6'7'' pt guards now, unlike in Magic's time when they were like 5'11-6'0''. I honestly think Kobe would've dominated too if he was in the 80s, unlike now where there's simply too many good players
    Son I think the only thing that's reached critical mass is your hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
    Nah i'm over it, it's just funny considering dirk basically owned miami the last 3 years (including a 50 pt game on Haslem in Miami) and now you think they suddenly figured Dirk out and 'shut him down'

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Son I think the only thing that's reached critical mass is your hyperbole.
    Ok. Well you just beat me with that

Dirk's better than Bird, in an absolute sense already, Kobe is better than Jordan
    So now i see how it works. We take 2 of the biggest chokers from last season and put them above all time greats.

That makes a lot of sense. Sorry did not realize it earlier.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

No superstar gets guarded literally one on one for an entire game. its a 5 on 5 game. When one guy has it the 4 guys who arent assigned to him dont just ignore him. Prince, Bowen, and so on have(by Kobes standards) shut Kobe down from time to time just like Tmac did to Dirk and say.....Cato has done to Duncan. The other team having help D ready doesnt mean the guy isnt guarded one on one. It means they are playing nba basketball not a game of 21.

Help D is just a part of the game. Either it can be said Bowen and so on guard Kobe one on one or that Tmac in 05 guarded Dirk one on one or we should just scrap the term and use something else. Long as there are 5 guys on each team there will be guys behind you to help should you get beat. Them not going to the other side of the court for the team to live or die based on keeping a guy in front of you just isnt gonna happen.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Do you even care about reality when you say things about Dirk?
    Dude doesn't care about the reality of what he says about basketball in general, period. Never makes any substantial arguements ever...

I'm still laughing at the "Bird missed alot of shots" statement. Just showed the ignorance... (Mf'er was a career 50% shooter, damn near 40% from 3 If I'm correct) comments...

I learned not to take Joewait all that serious with his comments towards Lebron. "Lebron is NOT a top 10 player"...

Joewait, c'mon for once dude.. Engage in any actual rational basketbal discussion for once with some substantial points brought to the table and not some retarded ****. I know you can do it.....

The kind of loaded roster the Mavs had, it os an absolute disgrace what the choker Dirk did in the finals.
    Hmm let me see Dirk is already above Bird so Let us assume he actualy performed well and won the championship. then i would have to put Dirk at all time Number #1.

Local High School Star

up until the NBA finals i have been a d-wade supporter/fan, but now i just dont like the guy.