Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Question about Battier's clutch block

First, sorry about the low quality Gif but I'm concerned about this particular call. Today the refs found it inconclusive but I would really hate to lose possession on this type of play due to replay.

For the first 46 mins of a game this would be Boston ball easily and nobody would really question it. So, why does that change down the stretch. Yes the ball might of technically went off Green but is it not Battier that initiated that???

A somewhat similar play I've seen a few times where the player loses the ball because the defender's momentum causes the offensive player to touch the ball last. Yet the Refs have rewarded the possession to the defense.

Can someone clear up some of the confusion I have over some of these plays???

I am your soldier!

Default Re: Question about Battier's clutch block

Can't answer your question, but do we really need f*cking 5 minutes of reviews 4 different times? Play basketball.

he should have took 1 step into battier n the basket, then he would get the foul call

Quote Originally Posted by MMM

First, sorry about the low quality Gif but I'm concerned about this particular call. Today the refs found it inconclusive but I would really hate to lose possession on this type of play due to replay.

For the first 46 mins of a game this would be Boston ball easily and nobody would really question it. So, why does that change down the stretch. Yes the ball might of technically went off Green but is it not Battier that initiated that???

A somewhat similar play I've seen a few times where the player loses the ball because the defender's momentum causes the offensive player to touch the ball last. Yet the Refs have rewarded the possession to the defense.

What?

home court advantage. Miami won, so get over it.

Every call is unique, and that was worth a review given how the play unfolded. He blocked it down into his arm, this is often call out of bounds on the offensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    home court advantage. Miami won, so get over it.
    I am over it, do you see me discrediting the heat or anything.

Just concerned that a call would go one way for 46 mins and be different down the stretch. I have never seen those block plays go in favor of the defense unless it is off the leg or something.

I really don't understand what you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Every call is unique, and that was worth a review given how the play unfolded. He blocked it down into his arm, this is often call out of bounds on the offensive player.
    really???
    I've never really seen it called that way.

I am over it, do you see me discrediting the heat or anything.

Just concerned that a call would go one way for 46 mins and be different down the stretch. I have never seen those block plays go in favor of the defense unless it is off the leg or something.
    You do understand that review rules are different at the end of the game, right?

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I really don't understand what you're asking.
    He's saying, why do't they review every call and not just the ones in the last 2 minutes as every call is equally important in potential points.

really???
    I've never really seen it called that way.
    I really can't tell if you're being serious or trolling.

If you're being sincere, the reason you don't see it often is that it's rare that a guy will block a shot, then the ball bounces off the guy who got blocked then bounces out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    He's saying, why do't they review every call and not just the ones in the last 2 minutes as every call is equally important in potential points.
    no i'm not suggesting that

The above play is usually an easy call for the Refs in the first 46 mins so what made it questionable. There are many times that play happens and there is no argument from anyone about the decision.

I'm against instant replay, in every single instance. Do away with it altogether.

It's somewhat defensible in football, because that's a stop-and-go sport anyway. (I've heard that the actual action of a football game can be watched start to finished in like five minutes with all the dead time edited out.) But not fluid sports like basketball and soccer. The game is officiated by human refs. That's part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I really can't tell if you're being serious or trolling.

If you're being sincere, the reason you don't see it often is that it's rare that a guy will block a shot, then the ball bounces off the guy who got blocked then bounces out of bounds.
    that is not what I was suggesting and even pointed out that they call it out off the offensive player when it is deflected off his leg in a previous post.