Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Top 10 playoff game performance against elite defenses since 1985...

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    and his team got hammered LOL. wasn't even close to winning it. stat padding does not count
    Game 7...5 point game. How does one "stat pad" to the level of 45 points in a game like that?

Should I just expect you to not "see" this post?

Default Re: Top 10 playoff game performance against elite defenses since 1985...

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    It also treats all overtime stats the same as a normal game which overrates them a bit.
    So other than counting overtime stats equally, you find no other issues with this? I'm just not usually a fan of abritrary formulas. *Like why is a certain stat is multiplied by 0.7*

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    So other than counting overtime stats equally, you find no other issues with this? I'm just not usually a fan of abritrary formulas. *Like why is a certain stat is multiplied by 0.7*
    Can you offer up an alternative? Any stat that produces a single number to represent a player's impact on a game isn't going to be perfect.

Ideally the perfect formula for this particular list would account for only scoring, efficiency, offensive rebounds, assists and turnovers.
    Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot; 11-01-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Can you offer up an alternative? Any stat that produces a single number to represent a player's impact on a game isn't going to be perfect.

Ideally the perfect formula for this particular list would account for only scoring, efficiency, offensive rebounds, assists and turnovers.
    Oh no, it's just interesting that you use this formula that's all.

Just a little fact; going by that method of ranking, Jordan's 69 against Cleveland is considered better than Kobe's 81 (that's assuming they played against equal defense).

Then of course you look at the defense and see quite a discrepancy (113 vs. 107) in defensive rating favouring the Cavaliers.

So, my question is, is Jordan's 69 a better performance (against a better defense) than Kobe's 81?

Oh no, it's just interesting that you use this formula that's all.

Just a little fact; going by that method of ranking, Jordan's 69 against Cleveland is considered better than Kobe's 81 (that's assuming they played against equal defense).

Then of course you look at the defense and see quite a discrepancy (113 vs. 107) in defensive rating favouring the Cavaliers.

So, my question is, is Jordan's 69 a better performance (against a better defense) than Kobe's 81?
    That was your big set up.

Its 64.6 vs 63.5 GameScore wise. Jordan had 18 rebounds that game too and the game went to overtime. If I made the top 10 regular season game performances against weak defenses I would have listed Jordan #1.

Its 64.6 vs 63.5 GameScore wise. Jordan had 18 rebounds that game too and the game went to overtime. If I made the top 10 regular season game performances against weak defenses I would have listed Jordan #1.
    Because Kobe scored 81 against the legendary raptors d.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Kobe would be #2 on that list.

I don't know why Jordan stans are mad at Kobe. Vince Carter tops this list.

How did Lebron do vs the Legendary Mavs D?
    17.8 ppg, 5th leading scoere, outscored by a bench player
    an 8 point game

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    an 8 point game
    8th in Drtg, 5th in pts allowed per game.

an 8 point game
    Why u always bringing up lebron brah? U hella scared he gone surpass kobe.

Yep. He scared. Add Wade as well.

surpass him in what?

surpass him in what?
    Why are you askin'?

Oh I don't really care, I just see "81" in every thread Kobe is mentioned, (especially as ammo against Jordan who's never done it) and knowing you're a Kobe fan was curious how you'd view that with the criteria you used for playoff games.

Oh I don't really care, I just see "81" in every thread Kobe is mentioned, (especially as ammo against Jordan who's never done it) and knowing you're a Kobe fan was curious how you'd view that with the criteria you used for playoff games.
    Of course you care. That's why you are in this thread attempting to trip me up and failing.