Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Winner's outs? 21 by 1s and 2s? Three point check back line? Check backs on steals? Check backs on airballs? Win by 2? Win by 2 or straight to 27?
Here are the major rules they used at the 2010 Youth Olympics in Singapore (where Three-a-side half-court basketball successfully debuted, according to the OPs article):
- Only half of the basketball court is used for the game.
- Each team consists of 3 players and 1 substitute.
- Game time: Two 5-minute periods or a team scores 33 points or more, whichever comes first. If tied at the end of regulation, 2-minute overtimes are used until the tie is broken or a team reaches 33 points.
- Team must attempt a shot for goal in 10 seconds.
- Ball must be taken out of the 3-point line and touched by 2 teammates (ball receiver/dribbler and 1 other teammate) before a shot can be attempted.
EDIT: here is USAs team, which came in 4th.
10 second shot clock? lol thats freaking awesome. thats a crazy fast-paced game.
And it looks like there is some kind of rule where you have to clear the ball back to the three point line. I hope its a check back on every possession. including steals and airballs.