Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    Finished Bioshock, great game with a great storyline. Typically not my type of game (as if I ever played games a lot), but I really enjoyed playing this one.

Before moving on to Bioshock 2 I'm playing Arkham City. Seems like there's so much to do in this game with side missions and stuff that it takes me forever to actually get to the actual mission.
    Yeah, Arkham City can be a big time investment because it is really easy to get distracted by side missions. They are all really well done tho so its impossible to skip them without feeling like you missed out on something.

I've been putting in some time into Fallout 3 and it's a pretty enjoyable game. Not really an memorable experience like other great games have been but still a fun time killer. It can be pretty difficult tho because the land is so filled with enemies and animals. The view of a post-apoc DC from the Washington Monument was pretty awesome too.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Maybe...

Banned

Just noticed how the only games I still play and will play are NBA 2K, Madden and FIFA :/ Don't have interest for any other games but GTA V.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Just noticed how the only games I still play and will play are NBA 2K, Madden and FIFA :/ Don't have interest for any other games but GTA V.
    It happens. I've had phases like this where I've only played sports games or no games at all for extended periods of time.

Video game starship worth $9,000 destroyed in ambush

That's reason enough to never play eve online.

I preordered GTA V today. 40EUR, with a GTA V t-shirt courtesy of the store. Good deal.

I haven't used my ps3 in a long time I feel like I'm neglecting it.

I have been trying to get 100% game completion in GTA IV recently. I am just at 71% right now.

The most difficult thing about getting 100% is committing time to the game. I get sidetracked so easily while playing it. I think the worst thing, though, is trying to win a game of pool. I. Just. Can't. Seem. To. Win. I get close every time, but I always end up losing. FML

Got back into 2K along with my friends just been gaming. Doing an association with Dwight as my best player.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Playing a few sandbox games that I've had in my backlog. Trying to get them done before GTA 5 consumes my life in a month.

Sleeping Dogs
    - Solid fun. Cliched but interesting story and characters with really good voice acting. I really got into it. The gameplay mechanics were alright but everything has pretty much been done better in other games. Melee combat was far superior in the Arkham games while the driving was better in the GTA series.

Just Cause 2
    - I'm just finishing this one right now and it ranks right alongside Red Dead Redemption in terms of open-world gameplay. The story doesn't compare but all the ways you can move around the island is amazing. I actually enjoy flying planes and helicopters in this game compared to the frustration of that in the GTA series. A great game that knows its cheesy and supports that with some of the best gameplay and variety around.

I stopped playing GTA IV. I wanted to get the platinum trophy in it, but it just got boring.

I'll probably just go back to NBA 2K13 now to reach the Hall of Fame in MyCareer mode.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Quote Originally Posted by scholar
    It happens. I've had phases like this where I've only played sports games or no games at all for extended periods of time.

Wow, I thought I was the only person going through this phase. I'm sitting on plenty of other games, but the NBA 2k series (11-13) are the only ones I've been alternating between. It's fun to go back to the old ones and discover certain moves you couldn't pull when you first got the games.

I went into Gamestop with a few extra dollars, looked around for a good 20+ minutes, but all the games appeared to be "Murder Death Kill" games, after spending so much time hooping it up the past couple of years.

I guess because I've played so many games with same type of formula for the past 15+ years (opening scene, cinematic intro, kill stuff,repeat), i just got burned out on those type of games.

NBA lottery pick

Just picked up a Vita along with Persona 4. Anyone got any other recommendations?

Banned

brothers

great game, damn good experience from start to finish

its 15 dollars, but it is a short game, can be finished in 3-4 hours

if you get it on PC, id recommend using a controller