Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Krust Kingz

Default Re: How I can be sold on this team....

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Amar'e Stoudemire is showing why Jeremy Lin ability to positively impact the Knicks was overstated. Lin does not understand spacing, tempo, etc. Lin understand "drive and shoot, or drive and pass". With Felton and Kidd directing the team Carmelo and Amar'e have worked fine together.
    [COLOR="Navy"]So what he didnt know. I dont get your point. A converted SG to PG that didnt have a lot experience. You cant be serious blaming Lin for them not working well together. You do realize these 3 didnt have much time on the floor together at the same time last year due to injuries. What about the time before Lin....[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]What does JKidd have to do with anything? Passes up open shots regularly letting the defense sag off on him most of the game until the 4th quarter...

Just want to know where you going with this....[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 02-05-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Amar'e Stoudemire is showing why Jeremy Lin ability to positively impact the Knicks was overstated. Lin does not understand spacing, tempo, etc. Lin understand "drive and shoot, or drive and pass". With Felton and Kidd directing the team Carmelo and Amar'e have worked fine together.
    I think Amare becoming a more complete offensive player is what is helping the team more than anything, along with his willingness to be a serviceable player on the other end.

Not sure why Kidd is in this equation as he doesn't direct the teams offense outside of taking the open shot that someone else created, and the team has looked terrible with Kidd running the point in Feltons absence...he is not that guy anymore.

Felton has definitely stabilized the team, but amare's worth to the team has been created by amare expanding his game.

It's more like combining a amare we had beasting in his first year here with a prime and motivated melo and having a competent pg for the first time to tie it altogether

NBA rookie of the year

Also I think the new uniforms help.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I think Amare becoming a more complete offensive player is what is helping the team more than anything, along with his willingness to be a serviceable player on the other end.

Not sure why Kidd is in this equation as he doesn't direct the teams offense outside of taking the open shot that someone else created, and the team has looked terrible with Kidd running the point in Feltons absence...he is not that guy anymore.

Felton has definitely stabilized the team, but amare's worth to the team has been created by amare expanding his game.
    It brought a tear to my eye hearing you say that about Kidd lol

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Also I think the new uniforms help.
    [COLOR="Navy"]This is the answer right here. [/COLOR]

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity

Not sure why Kidd is in this equation as he doesn't direct the teams offense outside......
    Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    So what he didnt know. I dont get your point. A converted SG to PG that didnt have a lot experience....
    It's about the idea that Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony could not function together. So many people ignored the obvious when it came to the Knicks PG play last season. The Knicks PG play stunk. If you want to say Lin is learning to be a PG that is fine. Doesn't change the fact that the biggest problem last year was the lack of a lead guard who understands how to keep the team operating correctly.

It's about the idea that Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony could not function together. So many people ignored the obvious when it came to the Knicks PG play last season. The Knicks PG play stunk. If you want to say Lin is learning to be a PG that is fine. Doesn't change the fact that the biggest problem last year was the lack of a lead guard who understands how to keep the team operating correctly.
    KO, with all due respect, I dont comment on Lin much at all, he's gone, gave the team a few sweet moments, but my focus isn't on that.

The key to Amare working with Melo and Chandler was all on Amare.

Health first, expanded skill set second.

Amare is able to perform at his level now because of these two factors.

I'm not making the pg situation a non facotr, but keep in mind Amare's performance since Melo has been here has been done WITHOUT a pg as well as with one.

Amare was killing Boston in game one and that was not because of Billups.

Amare was very efficient against Miami in that one win with one hand and we had no point guard.

Amare has been performing well even prior to Felton getting back.

At this point, the only frontcourt player that is pg dependant is Chandler.

Amare has reached a level that his getting more complete, dude can actually pass out of the post now.

NBA rookie of the year

Because they lose to the Wizards!

Because they lose to the Wizards!
    As did Miami and OKC. It's just a game. A bad loss but just that. We pay them 2 more times.

Krust Kingz

Doesn't make sense to blame Lin who started for a month. Blame the kid for the Knicks not having a PG. Blame the kid for all the ills of the world.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    As did Miami and OKC. It's just a game. A bad loss but just that. We pay them 2 more times.
    Next time we should pay them to take a dive.

Next time we should pay them to take a dive.
    OK....you got me

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]You said Lin specifically though. Illogical assumption to blame him when it was the front office that makes those decisions. Lin didnt even play the whole season.

The ills of Chandler Amare Melo are not Lin's fault at all. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Wizards has been winning some games against top opponents. Maybe everyone has taken them too lightly?[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]You said Lin specifically though. Illogical assumption to blame him when it was the front office that makes those decisions. Lin didnt even play the whole season.

The ills of Chandler Amare Melo are not Lin's fault at all. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Wizards has been winning some games against top opponents. Maybe everyone has taken them too lightly?[/COLOR]
    How about the Celtics 7-0 without Rondo.