Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: The Official "Discuss Jeremy Lin's Performance" Thread

BTW, some of you are so butthurt with the negs just because i don't agree with you. Keep em coming, i got a lot of green.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    Right now the team isn't playing well as a whole, look how many points they gave up. Lack of a go-to scorer outside of Harden and unsophisticated offense is showing. Not having a healthy Harden yesterday is gonna hurt. Let's face it, right now it looks like the team is headed for the lottery, they'll have to learn to play well consistently before good things happen. Lin is just one of the pieces of the puzzle, he needs to improve from where he's at now, and he probably will.
    Seriosuly, stop blaming every player on the freaking roster as soon as anyone mentions Lin. I have seen you posts on Clutchfans and you piss people off there as well with all your excuses for Lin.

I am happy about every player who gets PT on the team, minus Lin, Douglas and Patterson.

Parsons has been good, Harden has struggled some but overall he's ben good, Asik has been surprisingly good, Morris who I used to dislike alot has developed big time, Delfino is a nice addition and the the rest of the guys who get serious PT has been decent as well.

Lin is by far the biggest disappointment this far, he's been really bad and currently he's not playing like a starting pointguard. Yes, he is not the only piece in the puzzle but him putting up terrible game after terrible game is not helping a team who needs a pointguard really much..

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Lin is by far the biggest disappointment this far, he's been really bad and currently he's not playing like a starting pointguard. Yes, he is not the only piece in the puzzle but him putting up terrible game after terrible game is not helping a team who needs a pointguard really much..
    Well, look, sometimes these things work out for the best.....

.....and when I mean, work out for the best...I'm talking about the Knicks....cause Raymond Felton has been playing great. At about $4 million a year. Feltsanity

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

.....and when I mean, work out for the best...I'm talking about the Knicks....cause Raymond Felton has been playing great. At about $4 million a year. Feltsanity
    Would it be Feltsanity or Feltonsanity?

NBA rookie of the year

It looks dumb to give up both Dragic and Lowry, but Lowry wanted out and the Rockets got Harden indirectly by trading Lowry. Dragic on the other hand is better than Lin with more experience, although a 4 year contract with player option gives the Rockets less flexibility and gives Dragic more leverage. But yeah, not getting him again could be detrimental and so far it looks kinda like that, but in reality time will tell I guess. As for Asik, yes, he's very decent and his defense and rebounding is invaluable even if his offense is still very raw.
    I don't care about the Lowry trade, it gave the Rockets none other than James Harden.

But letting Dragic leave was a huge mistake, the player option thing shouldn't even have been a too big deal really. Instead of that they signed Lin to a more expensive contract while they knew how unproven he really was and that he had major flaws in his game like his ball handling and his terrible left hand.

And while Goran's stock is all-time high, Lin's stock is all-time low and everyone is making fun of the Rockets for their horrible decision and Lin is currently one of the worst, if not the worst starting point guard in the NBA.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Felton has been great, it's laughabe to know that the Rockets pay 5 million more this season for Lin compared to what the Knicks are going to pay Felton.

And the worst thing about this situation is that the Rockets will be stuck with Lin for a long time as the starting point guard. Lin's contract structure would be great if Lin was a baller to count with, it would open for a nice signing during the offseason but it's a horrible contract for the Rockets when Lin suck because he's impossible to trade with that massive last year pay..

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Do you think the timing of Lin doing all these interviews is a coincidence? First few games, he's cruising. Has a bunch of bad games, Knicks are better without him, he does the interviews. All of them are about the huge pressure he's under and how he needs time to adjust.

You're just delusional if you don't think there is any agenda here.

My Knicks are 7-1 and we have two point guards playing better than Lin. I'm just fine. But i'm not fine with the way Lin characterizes his time in NY, he's either uber sensitive or full of it. At any point in Linsanity did you think NY fans were making life hard for Lin? That's basically what's being implied.
    Players are constantly getting questions from the media, these are no exception, but I suppose the media feels it's a nice time to write about them given his performance. Nothing much about that article was exactly groundbreaking. Unless you mean that part where he says "he didn't trust anyone," that part sounds just like some sensationalist crap even if it came from his mouth. Not like he's blaming NY for his poor performance. Lin has said that he loved the fans, didn't love the pressure. And no I don't think fans were making life hard for him, but regardless he was under a lot of pressure and he performed well there. I don't see why you keep saying that he hated NY and stuff, it's silly.

And I'm not negging you btw, I got a neg saying "Macedonia Sucks." for that post

Seriosuly, stop blaming every player on the freaking roster as soon as anyone mentions Lin. I have seen you posts on Clutchfans and you piss people off there as well with all your excuses for Lin.
    Blaming every player on the freaking roster as soon as anyone mentions Lin? It's more like every player needs some criticism, Lin included. It's a team game, everyone has a part in it. And honestly what your saying about my posts on cf is bollocks, you must have gotten me confused with other posters, because I haven't "pissed off people" with "excuses." Hell I hardly even mention him, I mention other players more.
    Last edited by shoops; 11-20-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Players are constantly getting questions from the media, these are no exception, but I guess the media feels it's a nice time to write about them given his performance. Not like he's blaming NY for his poor performance. Lin has said that he loved the fans, didn't love the pressure. And no I don't think fans were making life hard for him, but regardless he was under a lot of pressure and he performed well there. I don't see why you keep saying that he hated NY and stuff, it's silly.

And I'm not negging you btw, I got a neg saying "Macedonia Sucks." for that post

Blaming every player on the freaking roster as soon as anyone mentions Lin? It's more like every player needs some criticism, Lin included. It's a team game, everyone has a part in it. And honestly what your saying about my posts on cf is bollocks, you must have gotten me confused with other posters, because I haven't "pissed off people" with "excuses." Hell I hardly even mention him, I mention other players more.
    I don't think he hated NY. I don't see the need for him to tell us the pressure he was under, that the attention (in another interview) freaked him out, that he can't trust anyone anymore, the allusions toward Melo/Smith/Woodson all the interviews make (which means him or his handlers are leading it that way).

It all smacks of excuses. His play being poor is a combination of 29 factors, none of which are Lin's fault. The coach not using him right, the other players, his knee, the pressure, etc. Felton got called fat and basically that he sucked and Lin was better and he's reveling in it.

I don't think he hated NY. I don't see the need for him to tell us the pressure he was under, that the attention (in another interview) freaked him out, that he can't trust anyone anymore, the allusions toward Melo/Smith/Woodson all the interviews make (which means him or his handlers are leading it that way).

It all smacks of excuses. His play being poor is a combination of 29 factors, none of which are Lin's fault. The coach not using him right, the other players, his knee, the pressure, etc. Felton got called fat and basically that he sucked and Lin was better and he's reveling in it.
    Guys like him get asked questions all the time, lots of shitty questions too, you see those asian reporters dogging him as well as asking his teammates about Lin? Half assed responses are bound to appear. He hasn't offloaded the blame for his poor shooting to somewhere else, some of his fans might do that, I'm pretty sure he takes full responsibility for that.

Guys like him get asked questions all the time, lots of shitty questions too, you see those asian reporters dogging him as well as asking his teammates about Lin? Half assed responses are bound to appear. He hasn't offloaded the blame for his poor shooting to somewhere else, some of his fans might do that, I'm pretty sure he takes full responsibility for that.
    Yes they definitely do.

Felton has been great, it's laughabe to know that the Rockets pay 5 million more this season for Lin compared to what the Knicks are going to pay Felton.

And the worst thing about this situation is that the Rockets will be stuck with Lin for a long time as the starting point guard. Lin's contract structure would be great if Lin was a baller to count with, it would open for a nice signing during the offseason but it's a horrible contract for the Rockets when Lin suck because he's impossible to trade with that massive last year pay..
    It's a basketball game, nerd. Calm down. Every post I see by you is raging about something or another. Enjoy the game.

Yes they definitely do.
    Hey I don't do that.

And every player fanbase does that for players, it's just what happens, Lin isn't an exception here.

Hey I don't do that.

And every player fanbase does that for players, it's just what happens, Lin isn't an exception here.
    Not to the extent Lin gets. Like the 85% comment, he said to the media in NY (when asked if he was healthy) he's 85% and then he did not play. Then someone spinned it as "he is 85% of the minimum pain threshold he can play" or something that was just absolutely ridiculous and made no ****ing sense because no human being talks like that. I guarantee every Lin fan agreed that's what he meant.

Rocket fans are different here in that they are repping Lin by putting their other players down. Not repping Lin comparing him to outside players.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Not to the extent Lin gets. Like the 85% comment, he said to the media in NY (when asked if he was healthy) he's 85% and then he did not play. Then someone spinned it as "he is 85% of the minimum pain threshold he can play" or something that was just absolutely ridiculous and made no ****ing sense because no human being talks like that. I guarantee every Lin fan agreed that's what he meant.

Rocket fans are different here in that they are repping Lin by putting their other players down. Not repping Lin comparing him to outside players.
    I remember that. it was hilarious. he knew miami would embarrass him And lower his value so he didn't want to play.

I think the 85% thing is a stupid answer too, but it was also a stupid question and shitty questions beget throwaway responses. Pretty sure people understood that Lin wasn't in serviceable playing condition so it's not really like the question shed any new light.

I haven't really seen much talk about rockets players here, and I think it is silly to put down other players if to put Lin in a better light, as each player is a mostly separate issue, but I haven't seen much of that personally.