Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: New York Dropping like a Ratchet

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Still not making sense.
    Is this really what your Sunday has come down to? Searching dictionary.com to point out grammatical errors on a message board? Half the posters' names don't make sense.

Bottom line is NY is going to continue to drop in the standings and this thread is discussing it.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

I've been on holidays the last week or so, and to come back and see that we've not only lost Amare, but now Melo and Chandler are missing games, is massively disappointing to say the least.

With these injuries, I just can't see us righting the ship in time to stop this bad run of play we're having. The east (bar Miami) are so close in the standings that we're seriously in danger of losing our HCA in the 1st round.

Same ol shit us Knicks fans have to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Is this really what your Sunday has come down to? Searching dictionary.com to point out grammatical errors on a message board? Half the posters' names don't make sense.
    That wasn't a grammatical error, it was a nonsensical one.

If a post contains something ridiculous, then people will comment on it... as they should.

And proper language usage does matter, even on a message board.

The injuries have racked up. But I think there's enough time to get Melo and Tyson healthy. Both should return this week.

I honestly think the Knicks can pick it up to close the season. I don't think Amare has a chance of making a big impact until the 2nd round, but while they've had guys dropping, there are positive signs too. The return/signing of Camby/Kmart have given them the frontcourt depth that I thought they'd have, and they're playing well. Biggest plus is Shumpert has helped their perimeter D (as well as the return of the frontcourt depth) and their defense overall has started to steady a bit (that was happening before the injuries occurred). Their backcourt is starting to find their games again.

The frontcourt depth is going to help Tyson be more aggressive, and really they just need Melo in the lineup healthy to add to their scoring issues of late.

If they can avoid the Heat/Pacers in the first round (which shouldn't be a problem0, and the Heat in the 2nd round, I don't hate their chances to get to the ECF. They really have been a pretty good road team all season overall. And the only thing I would worry about with them prior to the playoffs (if the seeding works out as I described above) is their defense playing strong. If they are locked in defensively, I think they'll be able to get to the 2nd round, at least.

This is a team made for the postseason, clearly. They're veterans, and they've played the season out that way if you look at it with how they've handled injuries, been pretty cautious overall (except with Carmelo)
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 03-18-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Bottom line is NY is going to continue to drop in the standings and this thread is discussing it.
    Dude just stop, you are making it worse

I tuned in to the game today for a bit and saw Kurt Thomas trying to guard Blake Griffin 1v1.

Man Knicks must be on the bottom of the east right now, i mean this is the THIRD time this season they are "Dropping like a ratchet", let me check the standings... wait what?

Number of eastern teams that would win games on a west coast trip without their 3 best players = ZERO

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

Another first round exit for Carmelo Anthony, and the New York Knicks. So what else is new? The Bulls without DR are 3-0 againts the Knickerbockers.

Droppin it like it's hot~~

Love the thread title. Horrible mechanics play a part in all of this.

and im freeeeeeee, freee falllinnnnnnnnnnnn
    yeah im freeeeeeeee, freeee fallllinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Yup. People need to give things time, rather than jumping to bad conclusions.

Looks like the Knicks are rounding into shape just as the right time.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

at dis thread

When it All Falls Downnnnnn

AM I RIGHT AM I RIGHT?

LOL