Originally Posted by Element
Lol at Jordan stans itt. I mean, I'm one myself but you guys are taking it to the extreme.
Here's what Kobe's more skilled at:
- Isolation handles. Easily. He played in the And-1 era, it comes by default.
- Shot-making. Any point in denying this?
- Long-rage shooting. Higher 3P% with longer line, higher volume, worse shot selection. Lol.
- Footwork. Both players had GOAT level footwork.
- Post-up game. We do NOT know Jordan's post-up numbers. What we do know are Kobe's post up numbers. Chew on this: Via Synergy, he has been top 3 in post-up points per shot every year since he started implementing it (08). He has consistently shot around high 50's-60 FG% from the post.
What makes MJ's post game more "famous" is the fact that in his era, clearing a side was no biggie. As easy as making a layup in practice if you had a team like the Bulls. Dude could ISO all day. In Kobe's era however...lol. GL trying to get MJ that many post ups in today's era lol.
kobe is only better at shot taking
but not shot making
. what you're seeing is just an illusion. kobe does his fancy dribbles, jukes and jives, creates space, puts up a good looking shot, but bricks. up until that point you can say that kobe is better but after that, the most important part which is actually putting the ball in the basket, jordan takes the cake.
but thats just in the midrange game. when it comes to making shots around the basket, its jordan no contest, taking and making. the hangtime, the leaners, the mid air improv, the creativity in avoiding ourstretched arms. kobe's got nothing on that.