View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #17
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Utah Jazz Edition

1. Jazz take on expiring contracts of Biedrins, Jefferson, and Rush for 2 first rounders and 3 second rounders. Should the Jazz have done more with their tremendous cap space?
A -- I remember reading an article where the author was making the point that the Jazz acted too soon, and that a better opportunity had presented itself, but they were unable to act. I wish I remembered the circumstances, but that being said, the Jazz got a pretty solid haul with all the picks plus Rush. And honestly, the picks are only an ankle or two away from being quality picks in a good draft.

2. TRUE or FALSE: In the tradition of John Stockton and Deron Williams, Trey Burke will develop into another great Jazz Point Guard.
A -- I don't know about great, or about projecting that far into the future. Let's just say he's one of my ROY favorites right now.

3. Alec Burks, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter: Which of these players has the most untapped potential?
A -- Favors. I'm so high on him. It's embarrassing.

4. "HE'S ON THE JAZZ, MAN! HE'S ON THE JAZZ.": Which "Warrior" will most take advantage of this new opportunity. Andris Biedrins, Richard Jefferson, or Brandon Rush?
A -- I refuse to participate in trivia questions anymore, after the Jeff Hornacek debacle of 2013, where I was the only person to answer correctly and have yet to receive my prize.

5. TRUE or FALSE: Burke, Burks, Hayward, Favors, Kanter: If Jazz keep this fivesome together, eventually they will develop into a Championship contending unit.
A -- Add Rush to that. He's a good young player. But anyway, that's potentially a very good starting lineup. Obviously any contending team would need some strong bench play, but that starting five should be a great head start.

[center][b]BONUS GAME. WHEEL OF FORTUNE™ style:

Jazz? This ain't New Orleans! Let's get something with more local flavor. Solve the Puzzle!!!
A -- I'm not good with names, but something that speaks more to the local community... Utah Polygamysts?
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote