Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Utah Jazz Edition
1. Jazz take on expiring contracts of Biedrins, Jefferson, and Rush for 2 first rounders and 3 second rounders. Should the Jazz have done more with their tremendous cap space?
no i dont think so. they decided to bottom out, and try to add some more young talent to their core through the draft. they have some nice young pieces right now, but no cant-miss type prospect. they could get that kind of prospect if they land in the top 5 picks of this coming draft.
2. TRUE or FALSE: In the tradition of John Stockton and Deron Williams, Trey Burke will develop into another great Jazz Point Guard.
he will become an average starter. maybe a jameer nelson type pg. a solid caretaker, not great at any one aspect, but solid at most things.
3. Alec Burks, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter: Which of these players has the most untapped potential?
i guess favors, since hes so athletic. if he had a great passing pg, maybe he could be a beast in the pick and roll, but i dont think burke will ever become that level of a passer.
kanter has a lot of potential too. good touch, big wide body, he could become their best offensive player.
4. "HE'S ON THE JAZZ, MAN! HE'S ON THE JAZZ.": Which "Warrior" will most take advantage of this new opportunity. Andris Biedrins, Richard Jefferson, or Brandon Rush?
definitely brandon rush. hes a good nba player, the other two are washed up.
if he stays healthy and performs, i could see the jazz trading him mid-season to a contending team for a pick
5. TRUE or FALSE: Burke, Burks, Hayward, Favors, Kanter: If Jazz keep this fivesome together, eventually they will develop into a Championship contending unit.
false. i think those guys would be a great supporting cast, like say if you could have them surrounding a jabari parker-type guy, then you could contend.