View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #89
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Brooklyn Nets Edition

1. Nets trade for KG, Pierce, and Terry. Brilliant trade or Skeptical?
Brilliant for several reasons
a. They got rid of nothing win now.
Wallace, Bogans, Brooks, Joseph, Humphries - all bad players. Wallace the best of them and was awful last year.

b. The moved Wallace's 3/30 contract
That move actually puts them under the tax in 2015-2016 meaning they could do sign and trades, full MLE, BAE and avoid repeater penalties

c. They convinced Ainge to trade within the division which is rare

d. They upgraded their starting forwards from probably the worst pair in the league to one of the best.

2. Which Brooklyn Nets player do you consider the "X Factor" for this seasons success?
Kirilenko
Not very talked about, such a bargain of a signing. If KG sits out, AK moves to PF. He automatically is our best perimeter defender and brings chemistry from Utah. He also allows rest for PP.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Jason Kidd was a smart hire as Head Coach.
TRUE
Especially at the time.
The best coaches/minds are young coaches (Vogel, Spolstra) and why I would have been OK with Shaw as well. Kidd also can relate to and has played with some of these guys.
It's also forced us to fortify the bench beyond belief.

4. Chemistry, Defense, or Health: Which of these 3 will be the biggest challenge for the Nets?
Health should be #1 but I like our depth.
However, I am very skeptical about our perimeter defender. D.Will, PP, JJ all big for their position, but relatively slow. JT is old, Livingston not known for his D. Taylor and Anderson are good defenders, but third string. AK will be our best perimeter defender easily, but who's going to guard the Roses', Westbrook's and Parker's of the league? Our interior D will be fine with KG, Lopez and AK.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Brooklyn Nets will make the Eastern Conference Finals this season.
No idea.. it's all about match-ups. I like our odds against any team in the East, other than Miami. If we can avoid them all together or until the ECF, then yes.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote