View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #12
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How To Get Seperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
This is pretty much all covered, but I'll also add the info I give to the kids I coach. There's two ways to get open: Change of pace ... and Change of direction.

One of the things I try to teach is that perpetual motion type player, while super when it's going, isn't realistically sustainable. Even over the course of my lifetime, I'm talking 3-5 players at the NBA level that really pulled it off. Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Rip Hamilton. Maybe JJ Reddick, in a more limited role.

Going from 0 to 20 in a second is actually more effective than going 10 - 25 over that same second. Use your physicality. If a guy is that much quicker than you, chances are you're stronger. If that's the case, stand still, lean on him, and bounce off from there.
I like all of this. Good stuff. Constant motion is a big misnomer for many players. They stop moving without the ball because they believe it means always moving at a quick pace. Such a prospect is daunting. So again, I like the way you sum it up.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote