Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Cleveland Cavaliers Edition
PG - Irving/Jack
SG - Waiters/Miles/Karasev/Felix
SF - Clark/Gee
PF - Thompson/Bennett
C - Bynum/Verajao/Zeller
Head Coach - Mike Brown
General Manager - Chris Grant
1. TRUE or FALSE: With the young talent base already on the team, the Cavaliers have the nucleus of a future championship contender.
False. Not with Andrew Bynum as your center. Sorry. Simple truth. They need a prime multiple season stretch of dominance from Bynum all while hoping that Bynum stays healthy to really contend for a title in what looks to be a surprisingly competitive conference for the next decade. The major theme of this thread should be INJURIES INJURIES INJURIES!
2. TRUE or FALSE: The Cavaliers should trade Anderson Verajao for younger talents/draft picks.
Well, great question. If Varajao can stay healthy, hell no! Again, injuries!
3. CONSPIRACY TRUE or FALSE: Mike Brown was predominantly rehired to help recruit Lebron James.
False. Either Lebron stays in Miami or goes to New York or LA. I don't believe he'd take any other option at this point in his great career.
4. TRUE or FALSE: Picking Anthony Bennett first overall was a mistake.
5. TRUE or FALSE: The Cleveland Cavaliers will make the playoffs this season.
If they stay healthy, or the core rather stays healthy, yes. True.
[b]BONUS 1. TRUE or FALSE: Bynum, Verajao, Thompson, Bennett, Clark, Zeller: If healthy, this is the deepest frontcourt in the league.
Neutral. Id have to think about it.
BONUS 2. TRUE or FALSE: Dion Waiters will develop into a legit 2nd option.
Semi-true. Speed and effort from this kid is what its all about. More calm less erratic play will sink in over time. Playing on a team alongside a player as skilled as Kyrie Irving and a hopefully healthy Andrew Bynum and you wont be anything more than a 2nd option.
Last edited by LA Lakers : 08-29-2013 at 06:03 PM.