Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Chicago Bulls Edition
1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.
False. As someone that has argued they should've kept Osik and moved Noah, I can't not say Rose. To have any chance at beating Indy or Miami, Derrick Rose has to be a top 3-5 player in the league. They won't win without Noah either, but if Rose isn't the missing piece, nothing is.
2. TRUE or FALSE: Jimmy Butler is THAT good.
False. He did a remarkable job on LeBron in the playoffs, but Jimmy Butler also averaged just under 9 points a game last year. He upped that to 13 during the playoffs, but I still need to see a little more until I go THAT far.
3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.
True. Miami has had their number for that very reason. For as great of a defense as Chicago plays, it always seems like it's Miami's defense that is the story when the two teams meet in the playoffs. Always feel a little too easy to stop.
4. AGREE or DISAGREE: More Taj Gibson, Less Carlos Boozer.
Disagree. Gibson already plays about 20-25 minutes a night. That's about right. Honestly, the Bulls need to upgrade the position all together, but that's another question.
5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:
Jimmy Butler. If Butler can make threes and guard LeBron as well as he did last year, Chicago will have a great shot. You need five guys that can hurt you to beat Miami. For the first time, the Bulls might have a shot at that with Butler.