View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #78
The JKidd Kid
Local High School Star

The JKidd Kid has not been impressing people
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Brooklyn Nets Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Winning is not a plan, it's a hope. How you go about it is a plan. The Nets never had a thought of what kind of team they wanted to put around Deron, how they wanted to play, etc. Kidd said he wanted to run, remember that? The Nets are pretty much slow as shit. They got a rookie coach, then got vets. Got JJ to show Deron they loved him and ruined the D12 chase, which was fine except they re-entered the chase right after.

They have no plan. Reloading every few years isn't going to work, that's not a plan, that's hope. I've seen that plan.

Ill give you that. I actually think they had plans, but couldn't go through with the plan fully. The JJ move was desperate, but it had to be done since the magic were being stubborn. The Kidd hire, IMO, was to help change the Nets losing culture into a winning one, they probably didnt know that they would Get KG and Peirce so they signed Kidd because he had the highest risk/reward. The Kidd hire was a bad move in hindsight, but it was a good move at the time. I think that the Nets are just taking the best options possible, such as JJ for spare parts and KG and Pierce for low draft picks. The Nets however, put a damn good team on the floor for not having a plan.
The JKidd Kid is offline   Reply With Quote