View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #36
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Cleveland Cavaliers Edition

Quote:
1. TRUE or FALSE: With the young talent base already on the team, the Cavaliers have the nucleus of a future championship contender.

TRUE. Talent base is there. Irving is a legit superstar. Waiters looks like he'll be a really solid player, same with Thompson. Anthony Bennett has talent and we all know about Bynum. No question they have the talent to potentially contend in the East, it'll be how they continue to develop/who stays/can everybody stay healthy.

Quote:
2. TRUE or FALSE: The Cavaliers should trade Anderson Verajao for younger talents/draft picks.

Depends on how they start the year. If it looks like the rebuild is coming to a close and they are fighting for playoff positioning than I would keep him. More important to start winning for Irving. Another lotto year, than yeah move him. I think for the right price you could move him either way.

I'll go with FALSE because I see them fighting for the playoffs

Quote:
3. CONSPIRACY TRUE or FALSE: Mike Brown was predominantly rehired to help recruit Lebron James.

No clue.

Quote:
4. TRUE or FALSE: Picking Anthony Bennett first overall was a mistake.

Last time I said Cleveland made a mistake at 1st overall, or rather called it a weak 1st overall selection Kryie made me eat my words hard. However I don't think he ends up the best player from the draft, think you'll be able to make a case somebody else could have been a better pick 3-4 years from now. AB was a pretty surprising pick to me. So TRUE, but not a major mistake.

Quote:
TRUE or FALSE: The Cleveland Cavaliers will make the playoffs this season.

TRUE. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 9th/10th tho. Think they'll finish 7th-10th.

Quote:
[b]BONUS 1. TRUE or FALSE: Bynum, Verajao, Thompson, Bennett, Clark, Zeller: If healthy, this is the deepest frontcourt in the league.

FALSE. Clark, Zeller, Bennett have to prove more. Thompson is great but not elite, Andy is great at what he does and Bynum when healthy is a monster. Potential to be, not yet.

Quote:
BONUS 2. TRUE or FALSE: Dion Waiters will develop into a legit 2nd option.

FALSE. Don't think he'll be a legit 2nd banana. Not an All-Star one, be a really solid player but I see it as more Irving + a potentially great surrounding cast. Bynum if healthy should be above Waiters and I think Thompson could state his case as a double double machine as well.

Last edited by NuggetsFan : 08-23-2013 at 04:05 AM.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote