View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #33
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Cleveland Cavaliers Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Great post.

As the newest member of the Cavs bandwagon and a blatant Canada Basketball homer who is trading in my Steve Nash card for an Anthony Bennett card I couldn't agree more.

as a cavs fan i hope you're right about bennett, but let me play devils advocate for a second.

Quote:
This kid is going to be good, he is talented, a natural leader and although people are concerned about his size (bit heavy, bit short) lets not forget he has dunk contest winnable hops (39" vert) and long arms (7'1" wingspan).

the average wingspan of a starting PF in the nba is just under 7'1'', so he doesnt really have any advantage there, in terms of length.

Quote:
And, rebounding (especially offensive) is a transferable NCAA to NBA stat and Bennett looks good here.

beasley was a beast on the glass at k-state, but hasnt come close to replicating that in the nba.

Quote:
Most importantly though I think a lot of the talking heads let him slip a bit because he was hurt and not accessible. They need interviews and reports for content and when it is not there, they need to focus on what is. AB wasn't providing any content for the prognosticators up to draft day.

dion shut down all interviews and workouts just after the start of the combine, last year, and he still shot up draft boards.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote