Old 08-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #96
pegasus
€uroInU$A

Default Re: Kobe's deepest team myth 2008/09 & 2009/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Gasol, Odom, Ariza, Bynum, and Fisher

Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum and Fisher

Was absolutely in 2009 and 2010 relative to competition a nice well rounded roster that fit their superstar, almost perfectly.

Are they considered stacked like the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Celtics? I don't think so.

Are they near as top heavy talented as the 2011 Heat? No.

Are they as talented and stacked as the 2012 and 2013 Heat? No.

But relative to the league in those seasons, they weren't some averaging supporting cast either.

I agree with this, but let's not mention Bynum's name like he actually had an impact in 2009 where he was hurt for the most part, and averaged very pedestrian numbers in 2010. It was not the prime Bynum that he later became and stayed that way for almost one season(!) before getting hurt again.

Kobe had the supporting cast to win, but only because it was Kobe. I can name several other superstars that would definitely wet the bed if they had been in his shoes. LA surrounded him with just enough talent, and he did what a true superstar does and led them to back-to-back chips. He had no other superstar, no one else that could slash or create his own shot, or an elite shooter. He was the 90% of their perimeter offense and was still an elite defender during that time.

And some of you need to stop comparing Lebron's cast from his Cleveland years to the Lakers, because Lebron didn't even get close to winning a chip, so why bother comparing? His team had the best record and one of the best defenses in the league two years in a row, and they were heavily favored to at least win the East, but they didn't, so why pretend as if they'd gotten even close to reaching their goal and compare them to the actual champions? You might as well discuss Josh Smith's supporting cast too while you're at it.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote