Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Charlotte Bobcats Edition
1. TRUE or FALSE: The Charlotte Bobcats are finally on the right track.
False. They will improve in the W column, but they still will miss the playoffs and nothing indicates to me that they have built a team that is going to improve to the point of ever contending with these players as a core. In a couple years, they may be a low seed in the playoffs, but nothing beyond that.
2. TRUE or FALSE: Al Jefferson will step up this season and play like a legitimate franchise player.
False. Rarely do you see players on their 4th team be "franchise players," especially if they are not good defensive players. He will produce nice stats, but not suddenly become a player that becomes near untouchable as franchise players typically are.
3. TRUE or FALSE: In the tradition of Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison, Cody Zeller will be yet another MJ draft bust.
False. Zeller will not be great, but he will be serviceable. He won't be out of the league as fast as Morrison and he doesn't have the expectations of a #1 pick like Kwame.
4. Biyombo, Henderson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Taylor, Walker, Zeller: Which of these players should be considered the most "Untouchable"?
Kidd-Gilchrist. He won't be a mega-star by any means, but he will be a very good player and the type of player all teams would love to have.
5. TRUE or FALSE: The Bobcats have a realistic chance of making the playoffs this season.
False. I have no faith in the Bobcats. If they make it, the lower seeded East teams will be especially sad this year.