View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #17
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Cleveland Cavaliers Edition

THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

PG - Irving/Jack
SG - Waiters/Miles/Karasev/Felix
SF - Clark/Gee
PF - Thompson/Bennett
C - Bynum/Verajao/Zeller

Head Coach - Mike Brown
General Manager - Chris Grant

1. TRUE or FALSE: With the young talent base already on the team, the Cavaliers have the nucleus of a future championship contender.
Future? Maybe. Kyrie is clearly a dynamite lead guard (such a lackluster defender though) and Bynum still has a ton of promise. I am not as sold on the rest of the roster, though they have a lot of young talent. But young talent doesnt always pan out, and we shouldnt assume they all reach their potential. Definitely shaping up to be a challenger to indy and the bulls in a couple of years.

2. TRUE or FALSE: The Cavaliers should trade Anderson Verajao for younger talents/draft picks.
Probably, assuming they can get decent value for him. His market seems to be a veteran team that is looking for an extra bump by adding a versatile and smart defender who plays hard on both ends. What kind of assets is a team like the clips willing to give up for him though?

3. CONSPIRACY TRUE or FALSE: Mike Brown was predominantly rehired to help recruit Lebron James.
False. While there is some possibility of this happening, it would be nuts to base your coaching hire on such a tenuous future. It would make more sense to allow lebron to pick the coach if he came

4. TRUE or FALSE: Picking Anthony Bennett first overall was a mistake.
hard to really say. Im pretty high on him, but I understand some of the reasons experts were not as high. There was really no one in the draft (other than probably oladipo and noel) who I though was clearly better and oladipo is a small guard, their position of greatest strength.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Cleveland Cavaliers will make the playoffs this season.
True. If they dont, its a massively disappointing season for them. I think the final two spots come down to the wiz, pistons and cavs. While I hope the pistons make it, I wouldnt be surprised if they were the 9th team.

+ 2 BONUS QUESTIONS!!!

BONUS 1. TRUE or FALSE: Bynum, Verajao, Thompson, Bennett, Clark, Zeller: If healthy, this is the deepest frontcourt in the league.
False. Not a fan of zeller or clark really. Thompson is solid, bennett is a great unknown at this point. The griz are definitely deeper frontcourt and there are several others that I also think are both deeper and better.

BONUS 2. TRUE or FALSE: Dion Waiters will develop into a legit 2nd option.
ah, I say false if we are talking about second option on a finals appearing team
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote