View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Chicago Bulls Edition

1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.
--False. Simply put: Noah may be more important to the Bulls to win 50+ games, but Rose is the player who will have to win them a championship. This collection of players in Chicago is at the point where it's about post-season success.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Jimmy Butler is THAT good.
--False. What the **** is that good? I think he can become a very good two-way NBA player, but I'm not sure I see an all-star in his future.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.
--False. I think it's more personnel than scheme. Sure you can make average players look good on offense with the right system (see Popovich, Gregg), but you still need the right players to make it happen. Whomever drafts for Chicago clearly has a type because they are all very similar players. Probably the only player who doesn't "fit" with that schematic of a player is Boozer. Except instead of finding the median, they went on the entirely opposite end of the spectrum and stuck with defensive inept player. Letting Belli walk was a mistake, imo.

4. AGREE or DISAGREE: More Taj Gibson, Less Carlos Boozer.
--Agree. I'm honestly shocked Boozer hasn't been amnestied yet. For a team built and coached around defense, they are still starting one of the worst defensive players in the entire NBA. How does that make sense?

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:
--Rose. This is like LeBron back in Cleveland, Jordan in the early year Bulls, or any other team with a single superstar player. It doesn't matter who you bring in (unless it's another star, of course), eventually your star player needs to be the star, the x factor, and all of the above.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote