View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #41
Mr Know It All
Local High School Star

Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Brooklyn Nets Edition

1. Nets trade for KG, Pierce, and Terry. Brilliant trade or Skeptical?

Little bit of both, but ultimately I think it's a good trade considering the short term goals of the franchise. Ownership wants a championship, and this move shows that's what they are gunning for.

KG and Pierce are still plenty effective, as is Jason Terry as a shooter off the bench.

2. Which Brooklyn Nets player do you consider the "X Factor" for this seasons success?

Deron Williams. From how cohesive this team is, to clicking with head coach Jason Kidd, it all comes down to the point guard and best player.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Jason Kidd was a smart hire as Head Coach.

False. Forgetting Deron Williams' history with head coaches, I just don't like the mix of a rookie HC with a veteran team. Add to that all the pressure on Kidd to win a championship in his first year.

Whether or not he will be a decent head coach or not remains to be seen. But considering the situation I think it's a bad hire.

4. Chemistry, Defense, or Health: Which of these 3 will be the biggest challenge for the Nets?

Chemistry, with health a close second.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Brooklyn Nets will make the Eastern Conference Finals this season.

False. Eastern semis, with a loss likely against the Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, or Indiana Pacers.
Mr Know It All is offline   Reply With Quote