Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Brooklyn Nets Edition
1. Nets trade for KG, Pierce, and Terry. Brilliant trade or Skeptical? Eh, a little bit of both. The Nets clearly want to win NOW and they certainly grabbed some good pieces to get that done, especially with Miami getting a year older. Pierce taking a smaller role the Celtics could never give him should prolong his usefulness...and a 37-year old KG is still KG. However, if they don't win now, and I mean right now, they sold off a big chunk of their future for nothing.
2. Which Brooklyn Nets player do you consider the "X Factor" for this seasons success? Joe Johnson. The guy *has* to do more than just do the things that Joe Johnson has always done. If he can elevate his game, Brooklyn will be on another level. If he's content to just be Joe Johnson and cash his check on that, the Nets will remain a first/second round exit.
3. TRUE or FALSE: Jason Kidd was a smart hire as Head Coach. I want to say False, but this one's tough to answer without having seen him coach a game before. I certainly think he's a better option than PJ Carlesimo.
4. Chemistry, Defense, or Health: Which of these 3 will be the biggest challenge for the Nets? Tough one. I'm going with health. I think this team has enough veteran presence on it, including in the head coaching slot, to make the chemistry and defense a little easier to sort out. Several of these guys have been on deep playoff runs and know what has to be done. Strained quads and planar faciwhatever tears just throw all that chemistry and hard work right in the shitter.
5. TRUE or FALSE: The Brooklyn Nets will make the Eastern Conference Finals this season. False. I think the Bulls and Pacers will be duking it out to face Miami.