View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #31
Lakers91
I hit open layups

Default Re: Who can the Lakers get in 2014 FA????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Lakers 91 and longtime lurker, thank you guys for the excellent posts, this is the type of discussion we need to have on ISH
I apologize for my part of the garbage that happened in some other threads....stuff that I did not start.

I seriously question whether we should sign Pau at any price after this season, he is very injury prone, unwilling to play through it and will only get worse......just my opinion.
I do hope Kobe forgets about the money and takes a major cut to help the team.

Thanks for the compliment wanted to use that emoticon that was a good enough excuse

I for some reason just want Pau to stay, I think he's been treated rather harshly in how he has been criticized, I don't think you have him as a bench player for next season I mean he's earning close to $20 million this season I think 19 or 18 and also I would like to see him at center back at his imo more natural position and I don't think we have anymore other options/able to bring him off the bench anyway and I hope he does good this year, but I think if you re-sign him for a cheap amount then I think bringing him off the bench could be a good idea, he might be 34 or 35 by that time but I think for the age I think his skillset is likely to I'm not saying it won't age at all but I think his skills might last longer than some others his age, he's more of a finesse bigman, no he's not the huge Shaq type figure or Bynum or Dwight in that mold and gets called soft a lot but I think I'd rather use the word finesse, he's averaged 10 rebounds a number of years so I don't think soft is the right word to describe Pau, although brute strength obviously isn't his strength it's a game based on skill. I think his game is under appreciated not to mention hiring a coach with a system that didn't work very well for him and didn't appreciate him either or at least it appeared that way. I agree he has been injury prone this season but when he is healthy even aging I think as a member off the bench it could be quite a useful weapon, I mean what else has our bench done in previous years? Not that much in comparison to look at potentially in 2015 having Pau as a bench member, who showed signs this year towards the end of being the Pau of old or more so the Pau with confidence than Pau of old imo, I think it's a good idea. Then again I am I don't know whether I'd say a big Pau fan more so I just think he's given a lot of unfair criticism.

You would think at this stage of his career or hope Kobe could care less about the money, I mean he's worth what more than 150 million? I think I saw something say 220 million as his net worth, that and even after he retires as a personality I think he'd remain popular not as popular as Jordan after he retired he has a virtual personality cult lol, but I think he'd still be able to sell merchandise and everything after retirement, not that he would really need to, I don't see him worrying as much about the money or I hope he doesn't I mean even if he takes $2-3 million a year I mean after taxes that's still more than a million a year might sound odd that he'd take so little but I mean what is the average wage a year in America? Here it's about 65-70 I can't remember the latest stats, I mean compare that to just a minimum contract if the average wage over there is similar I mean it's still a heck of a lot of money, and to someone who probably shouldn't need it lol, I think or hope at this stage he signs on for very little and shows to other potential free agents that he doesn't care about the money I only care about winning, and I will not hinder cap room for you and others to come here to win a championship type thing (although he wouldn't say that I think that's the ideal way to try and make the situation appear)

Last edited by Lakers91 : 07-09-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote