View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #130
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What would Larry Bird and Magic average in this Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
What? He did that in the 80s. He averaged 19 shots in his career and had 22 shots before. Even after his surgery, he came back and average 20 FGA while he dealt with injuries in 89-90. You really think that he wouldn't have 18-21 shots per game of he played in this era? Especially since he did it against players who played late into the 90s who had the same amount of shots like they did in the 80s. And Bird was better than them. Even old Jordan had 20 shot attempts when he wasn't as agile as he was in the 80s and early 90s. He always had the skill to get his own shot and play within the team offense. These type of skills would go for any era.

You don't think a mid 80s Bird would average about 18-21 shots in the mid 90s (pnly two or three years after he retired)all the way to the early 00s? Especially since he played against some of the best players, and was considered better than all of them except for Jordan?

If you put Bird on another team where he is the number 1 option, which would be most teams, then I don't see why he wouldn't take the most shots of the team. Especially since Mchale is probably better than most teams first option.
Lol. I think your being unreasonable bro. Youre totally dismissing my points. And now rehashing.

I already stated you cant compare Jordan and Malone because their situations were different. Thurl Bailey avg roughly 13 shots per game with Utah. Who was Thurl Bailey in late 90s Utah? Jeff Malone was Hornacek, I believe Eaton and Ostertag took the same amount if shots, Antine Carr (late 90s Utahs Thurl Bailey) took only 6 shots. Byron Russell took less shots than the 80s Jazz SF.

The same applies for Jordan and the Bulls. Both Oakley and Grant took more than twice as many shots as Rodman. Kukoc and Armstrong took basically the same shots Pippens FGAs dropped a tad. Longley and Cartwright paralled each other.

So somethings gotta give. If Bird keeps taking the same amount if shots, then the rest of the Celtics numbers fall. Then that starting five isnt that impressive
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote