View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Blazers Off Season

There just simply isn't a good option at center out there, so it may be worth overpaying for Splitter. We need a center and there is just no great option this year or next, so even a stop-gap center wouldn't really do. If we are serious about a center, he would need to be acquired by trade. The other option is to draft another center. It is supposed to be a strong draft for centers, so we could hope to have a Leonard + new rookie rotating while having an ultra cheap veteran center in case the rookie is a bust, plus they would need a mentor. That is the only reason I could see us go for Przybilla. As much as I love Joel, he is done. I'd only want him on the team to coach the bigs, and play in the biggest pinches. Either way, I think better options than Joel for a cheap veteran center would be Dalembert or Jermaine O'Neal (as much as I hate him). If we are looking for a young center, we could go for Cole Aldrich, but I'm not really a big fan.

I agree with what you said about defensive wings and keeping Maynor. I had heard the rumor of Tony Allen to the Blazers, but I'm afraid he would command too much money to have him on a non-competitor considering he is a similar style player to Matthews.

Edit: If we want to go for a big splash, we could try to take Milsap or Al Jefferson. Neither are going to be major rim protectors, but both are good players that are better than JJ Hickson.

Last edited by Myth : 05-29-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote