View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #17
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Default Re: Watch Dogs - Open World Gameplay Premiere Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Maybe a dumb question, but do you know if this game is a true representation of Chicago? Authentic streets through and through? Or is it Chicago like GTA V will be Los Angeles, as in "It is, but it isn't."?

I haven't had an issue with the prospect of returning to Los Santos up to this point because from the looks of it, it may have very little in common with PS2's San Andreas. It appears so vast and so rich in detail that I don't get the feeling I'll ever be playing and get to a point and say, "Oh man, that's so San Andreas." To put it succinctly, it looks like it might as well be a new city, just as "Liberty City" in IV had very little in common with Liberty City in III. The difference, of course, is S.A. was able to closer reflect L.A. than III was able to reflect NYC, but the premise remains the same.

That said, I certainly wouldn't mind a new locale. As a local, I'd push the city of Detroit for it's gritty outskirts, solid downtown, river border/international border, Ambassador Bridge, uppity suburbs, historic structures, abandoned yet beautiful historic structures, and Robocop.
I'd absolutely love to see Detroit featured in a GTA game some time. As bad a reputation as it usually gets, it's a place I really hold dear.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote