View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #62
Phiology
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Phiology has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: LosBulls' Thoughts on his team

Honestly, i can understand the Bulls' fans frustration.

But to say, he is a coward is totally not understandable and even favours him as a person and your franchise.

Why is that? In basketball and soccer, players usually return after torn ACL after about 6 months. Some do after 4 months. Can the replaced ACL be that strong? No, it cannot. Whatever healing drugs these players receive, the structural damage cannot be undone before 9 months have passed. There is a reason, why especially with this damage, a similar damage might occur, which usually means the end of the carrer.

Is Rose selfish? Yes, because he wants to stay healthy, because he wants to play basketball till at least mid thirtys, and because he does not want to add the franchise another invalide.

But what even surprises me more is the treatment of Westbrook right now:
it is rather common knowlegde, that with a torn ACL, you are operated and may step on your hurt leg with around 25% of yout weight immediately.

Westbrook (dont know how Rose's treatment was) sits in the stand with a complete leg lock and is about to lose much more muscle and mobilty than the patients, who put weight on their leg as soon as possible.

In this case, I dont wonder why Kobe came back from Europe so vital.
Phiology is offline   Reply With Quote