View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knowing your role on a team

I've only played pick-up ball my whole life. I've never been good enough (or at least didn't bother to try to get to the point) to be on an organized team.

Anyway, with that stated, I've found that I'm an inconsistent shooter. I suppose you can say I'm an inconsistent streaky shooter because I'll have spurts of making 4-5 shots in a row, followed by droughts of missing 4-5 shots in a row. I have never been able to figure out my exact shot. I don't know if I'm more of a set shooter, a jump shooter..? Can I do fadeaways? (Not really.)
Over time, I've also realized I don't have handles. I used to try to do everything imaginable, but now I just stick to basic dribbles, sometimes going behind my back, sometimes doing a quick between the legs dribble, but nothing fancy. No sort of crossovers, really.

With that said, I've practiced these things plenty of times, but I don't play basketball enough nor practice enough to be great at them. When I play pick up games these days, I tend to look for the open man, play stellar D, box out, and set plenty of screens and picks for whoever I recognize as good shooters.

I want to one day be able to say I've found my shooting touch and found a consistent shooting form, but until then, I did pride in doing off-ball things that aren't glamorous and never receive true recognition by other ballers, but are really necessary to get the W.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote