View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #146
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Minutes evened up takes Melo up .3 fta per game

It also takes him up another fga per game. The ratio remains the same, which is a more indicative stat than just raw fta.

Quote:
In the same number of minutes played per game. Durant shoots about 1.5 more free throws per game.

Why are you so open to the idea of equalizing minutes, and yet so opposed to the idea of equalizing shot attempts? Equalizing shot attempts is a lot more meaningful.

Quote:
Durant is tall, long, and skinny...and doesn't absorb contact the same way Melo does.

For me personally, this is the biggest factor I see in guys like Lebron and Anthony not really getting the calls they should. Lebron, and to a lesser extent, Anthony, are very good at powering through contact at the rim and still putting up a decent shot.

Quote:
Remove the extra free throws and all you would see is Durant taking an extra shot or two a game. His ppg would stay the same and his fg% might drop from like 50.6 to like 50.3.

Durant is averaging 28.3 on 64.4%. At Anthony's foul rate he'd be at 25.4 on 61.9%. If you account for the extra (approximate)1.43 possessions, you're looking at 26.2 on 59.7%.

*On an unrelated note, why are we still using approximated TS% when we seemingly have the play by play data to get a more accurate figure?

Quote:
Is Durant only a good scorer because of his fta.

Of course not. He's one of the best scorers I've ever seen.
DatAsh is online now   Reply With Quote