View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #32
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: When its all said and done, Rondo will go down as the greatest pure PG in NBA history

Quote:
Pure PG simply means pass-first PG. Most of PGs are looking to score first, thats why its quite rare trait on elite level.

If pure PGmeans people who think pass first Magic Johnson is a pure PG. And half the time the term is used in an all time way...its for the express purpose of removing Magic from the discussion because hes so far and away the best.

"Pure pg" is a term most often pulled out of the ass of someone on the internet who has little to base the label on.

And I dont mean you for the record. The term in general has come to mean....nothing really. Magic was the most pass happy player you could want. He cared not one bit who scored...but...he had so much talent he was clearly the best option to score many times.

So as punishment for his talent....hes not a pure PG to many. Despite being every bit as pass prone as anyone...ever.

The best PGs ever are in the extreme vast majority...scorers. But some of the greats lack the scoring talent so its often the right play to not attempt to....and that is flipped into them being "pure" points.

Its a pretty meaningless term to me at this point. Its appled not n prase of basketball talent...but to disregard players wth more of it. The Magics...Oscars...

When a term of supposed prase is used just to exclude more praise worthy players its tme for it to go.

The "pure" in this topic means nothing but "Other than the people who make this statement idiotic".

Isiah Thomas was a better "pure" point guard than Rondo ever will be. Just because it was the right play for him to score more often than it is for the less talented rondo doesnt mean rondo is thinking about passing more.

Steve Nash is possibly the sole "Hes only a "pure" point because he cant score at a high level" exception on this level of player.

If Rondo had the ability to score 18-24 a game on great shooting like Magic...and he didnt...it wouldnt make him "pure". It would make him a bad teammate and an idiot.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote