View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #34
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Durant is obviously a great scorer regardless. He's an unbelievable shooter from everywhere, and it's impossible to contest his shot since he's 6'10" with the arms of a seven footer, which also makes him a very good finisher. He moves well without the ball, and can create his own shot off the dribble.

You can't just post FTA without FGA. Durant attempts just 17.9 FGA while Melo takes 22 and Kobe takes 20.4, meaning Durant gets to the line at a much higher rate than any of them.

Durant averages a free throw attempt for every 1.91 FGA. Melo averages a FTA for every 2.9 FGA and Kobe averages a free throw attempt for every 2.63 FGA.

To put these numbers in perspective, Melo has 7 more total FGA all season and Durant has 243 more free throws. While Kobe has 149 more total FGA than Durant, and Durant has 141 more free throws.

I don't care what you personally interpret these numbers, just don't pretend Melo and Kobe get to the line at a comparable rate, because it's simply not true.

Personally, I think Durant's FTA this year are excessive. Last season, he attempted a free throw for every 2.59 FGA, now it's a FT for every 1.91 FGA as I mentioned before.

And he's not attempting more shots at the rim either.

At Rim: 4.2 FGA
3-10 feet: 3.1 FGA

At Rim: 4.0 FGA
3-10 feet: 3.0 FGA

That's why his TS% has jumped from 61% last season to 64% this season while his eFG% has remained roughly the same at just over 55% this season vs just under last season.

/thread
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote