View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #12
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

RoundMoundOfReb has an incredible reputation hereRoundMoundOfReb has an incredible reputation hereRoundMoundOfReb has an incredible reputation hereRoundMoundOfReb has an incredible reputation hereRoundMoundOfReb has an incredible reputation hereRoundMoundOfReb has an incredible reputation hereRoundMoundOfReb has an incredible reputation hereRoundMoundOfReb has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Probably, but unfortunately most people are just stupid on here.

Durant goes to the line less than 1 more time than the likes of Kobe and Melo.

Durant shoots 9.4 free throws per game.

Kobe shoots 7.7 and Melo shoots 7.6

So everyone think about that for a second. That means that Durant, on average, draws a little less than 1 more shooting foul per game than comparable scorers. Harden goes to the line more often. Drawing fouls is part of being a great scorer.

Love him or hate him, I think anyone without a huge bias would at least admit he's really good a drawing fouls. So I don't think it's that unreasonable for a guy like Durant to go to the free throw line roughly 1 more time per game than some of the other elite scorers in the league.

I know, logic just sucks.
9.4 - 7.7 = 1.7
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote