View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #679
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Now Skyrim is a good game that has it's obvious flaws. Ones that I often point out is the foolishness of dungeons and repetitiveness(run in, kill dragur, grab something or kill a major boss, word wall, secret exit).

What game doesn't have a heavy element of repetitiveness? The GTA games get a lot of love, but they're highly, highly repetitive. What does "the foolishness of dungeons" mean? There's plenty of quests that don't involve going to a dungeon and killing something.

Quote:
Another is the lack of character growth. I'm the leader of a guild, helped lead a rebellion, and I'm just as respected as if all I had done with my character is run around naked collecting wolf pelts. Oh, and I'm the dragonborn.

"Maybe I'm the Dragonborn and I just don't know it yet." Most people don't know you're the Dragonborn. Call them naive if you want. I agree with you to an extent, but also disagree. Some of the assholes treat me like an errand boy even though I've done all kinds of great things that should earn me great respect throughout the lands, but it's not something that bothers me that much. It makes me kind of feel like a super hero from a comic book. I've gone out and done all these wonderful things, then come home and nobody knows the things I've accomplished... Some of the people do change upon what you have done, though. Guards and some other people's dialogue gets updated when something major happens. Some will like/dislike you over what has happened/what you've done. Some will hire thugs to come after you. You can become honored as a Thane in the various holds. Things like that.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote