View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: San Antonio Spurs: For Old Time Sake | 2k13 Association

Simulated the 4th quarter.

POTG: Kawhi Leonard

Recap:

The visiting Spurs didn't make Anthony Davis' NBA debut easy, as the Hornets fell 91-76 on Wednesday night. Davis contributed 19 points and a game high 9 rebounds, but it wasn't enough to stop San Antonio.

"Individually I had a good game tonight, but we still didn't get the win and that's all that matters. They're [Spurs] a great team and a great test of where we are as a team. We all have to own up after a loss but I'll be the first to say I have to continue adjusting to the NBA tempo and improving my game. Hope to get them next time." Davis said after the game.

Tim Duncan had some words regarding the rookie. "He [Anthony Davis] has a lot of talent. To step in to your first NBA game and perform like that is amazing. We struggled to stop him down low and I think personally I underestimated his shooting range. [He's] Got a lot of potential and I don't doubt he'll be an all-star one day, but tonight is ours to celebrate."

The Spurs win can be contributed to fantastic two-way play. Not only did they shoot the ball over 50%, they limited the Hornets to just over 40%.

Kawhi Leonard was the story tonight, missing only one shot and scoring 18 points in the win.

"Some nights the ball rolls how you want it to. I got good touches and my teammates really helped open the floor for me to attack the basket." Leonard said.

Following this solid performance the Spurs head home tonight and ready to face the Oklahoma City Thunder tomorrow. The same Thunder team that knocked the Spurs out of the playoffs just a few months ago.

"The loss is still tender, but it's a new season and a clean slate. We can only look forward and play our game to beat them on our home court." Gregg Popovich commented.

This will be the Thunder's debut for the 2012-13 season. It's their first game without guard James Harden, who was traded to the Houston Rockets along with Cole Aldrich, Daequan Cook, and Lazar Hayward for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first round picks and a second round pick. Harden scored 29 points in his debut as a Rocket as they defeated the Pistons 101-99. Tomorrow we'll see if Martin and Lamb can fill the hole Harden left.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote