View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default As it stands, the cavs will have 4 of the top 33 picks

Obviously that could easily change, but we should have a ton of picks

currently draftexpress us getting cody zeller, alex poythress, patric young, and reggie bullock. we clearly have our pg, sg and pf positions set, so we need a sf and/or a center.

personally, i hate cody zeller. he has short arms, and isnt especially athletic, his rebounding numbers are pretty mediocre for a big man, and i dont see how he is gonna score in the nba, plus with average length and athleticism, is he really gonna be a great defender?

we are probably gonna package some picks together and try move up again, no coach wants to have 4 rookies on his roster.

guys id like to see us taget at the top of the draft are otto porter, shabazz muhammad (if he can play sf), nerlens noel, or rudy gobert.

gobert and noels both have the potential to be game changers defensively, and our defense is currently terrible. both could have trouble offensively, especially alongside tristan, but we need some defensive desperately.

porter is a jack of all trades, can play great D, doesnt need to dominate the ball, is smart, and can space the floor. basically just fit in perfect with the guys we already have.

bazz is just a great scorer, of the 4, he would be the last guy i want, but he fits a need, and can shoot from outside. great motor, but questionable intangibles, he seemed to be a real ball hog at ucla, and lied about his age.

my dream scenario would be, we trade the 3 pick, for the 8th pick and a vet to be a backup big who can space the floor. draft porter with the 8th pick.

then trade the 32, 33, and 16th pick, to move up a couple spots, and get gobert.

so we end up with a roster of:

kyrie/livingston
dion/ellington
porter/gee
tristan/speights/vet big
zeller/gobert

and give gobert a couple years to develop, hopefully into an elite defensive big.

so what do you guys hope for, from the cavs draft?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote