View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #3985
Rojogaqu11
Great young streetballer

Rojogaqu11 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2012-2013 English Premier League Thread (La Liga, Serie A, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
you could argue iniesta is as skilled as ronnie... whoever said he is not as skilled as baggio and haggi should kill himself immediately.

You seem a bit biased though. I can see Iniesta on the same level as Hagi, but Baggio was better than Iniesta. Baggio was arguably the best player in the world at some point. He was the leader in most of his teams, and he was the centerpiece of that 90's Italy. But Iniesta without Messi and Xavi wouldn't have the same success, or even be thought of as a top player in the world. In the national team, aside from his moment in the finals, he's been just one of the many great players on the team.

It sounds like I'm hating on him but I'm just looking at these other great players in their own right, and Iniesta, while a great player, is not on the level of the greatest players of each generation. Skills are a very subjective aspect to measure but how is Iniesta better than Figo, Kaka, Del Piero? or even Shevchenko, Stoickhov, Cantona, etc.? I don't see in what way he's better than them. Anyone who watched football the last 3 decades would see this.

Iniesta should be mentioned (at most) among players like R.Carlos, Zanetti, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, etc. Excellent, very skilled and iconic players but not among the best when comparing through history.

In basketball, it would be like placing a great player like Bosh on the same level as even greater players like Ewing, Garnett, or Webber.
Rojogaqu11 is offline   Reply With Quote