View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #138
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Let me get this straight, you don't ****in get "Watch the games"?

Because that is what I said. So try and harp on where you think I'm making my point, if it suits you. I never said he was better because he scored more. He was better because he played better. Every post I've made in this thread is saying that, when comparing Duncan and Bird, Bird and Shaq, Nowitzki's Finals, whatever.

You don't have to get anything straight. I watched the series and Parker's play was better. He was the main component of that offense, in that series. His driving to the lane, breaking down of defenses, set the whole team up.

Just because you can't see defense from a boxscore, just because Duncan is an elite defender, doesn't mean that his defense was at the same level in that series. And it wasn't.

Parker played better relative to his usual play, while Duncan just played decent overall for him. That's why he won MVP, not because he had more impact on the game.

I have the whole series on DVD. This whole "Parker driving the lane, breaking down defenses and set the whole team up" is completely false. At least to the extent you're talking about. He averaged 3.25 assists per game.

As for the bolded, Duncans defense was typical Duncan as per usual in that series. He patrolled the paint, played elite help defense, blocked shots, altered many others. It's one thing to watch a series, it's another to watch it with a discerning eye. They held the Cavs to 80 points per game. Maybe I should burn the four games off and upload them so you can refresh your memory.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote