View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovach
And I can't imagine what what the results would have been like if Bird had played in a 29-30-team joke of the league with more than 70% pure garbage teams.
This goes both ways.

I think that overstates it a bit, but not sure what relevance that really has...it's not like Duncan's numbers are based on his competition or anything like that.

I have no problem with someone taking Bird...just not an easy choice if we are being objective.

The under-rating of Duncan and what he has done is crazy. If he had played the exact same career in a place like Boston or LA or NY...the answers would be extremely different than they have been in this thread. And that is silly.

Just imagine for a second that Duncan had led the Knicks to 4 titles and 14 straight years over 50 wins...LOL at the idea that people would be saying..."Bird and it isn't close"
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote