View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

DMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMAVS41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovach
And I can't imagine what what the results would have been like if Bird had played in a 29-30-team joke of the league with more than 70% pure garbage teams.
This goes both ways.

I think that overstates it a bit, but not sure what relevance that really has...it's not like Duncan's numbers are based on his competition or anything like that.

I have no problem with someone taking Bird...just not an easy choice if we are being objective.

The under-rating of Duncan and what he has done is crazy. If he had played the exact same career in a place like Boston or LA or NY...the answers would be extremely different than they have been in this thread. And that is silly.

Just imagine for a second that Duncan had led the Knicks to 4 titles and 14 straight years over 50 wins...LOL at the idea that people would be saying..."Bird and it isn't close"
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote