View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #111
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Wish people didn't make this all about the QBs

Remember when Sanchez was making AFC Championships in back to back years.....then the team got worse, and they started missing the playoffs completely.

Tom Brady won three super bowl.....got way better.....got way more weapons...and hasn't won a title since. Because his team (mostly the defense) hasn't been the same turnover, shutdown defense.

Peyton Manning won a superbowl....while playing two terrible games in the playoffs....because the team we had picked it up. He has played much better on a personal level in the playoffs only to find himself one and done because the team around him didn't perform.

The one year Drew Brees has a defense that plays well in NO he wins a title....

You know which teams I fear playing? The ones with the best all-around talent. Not Brees with no defense. Not Rodgers with a defense that teams score 45, 37, 51 points on in playoff loses.

The fact that Rodgers isn't in a superbowl every year makes this whole argument dumb. He's the best quarterback in the league...and has one title in five years.....because the players around him stepped it up for that one year.

Nobody wins it by themselves. Whoever said Brady was winning by himself clearly doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. Brady had an elite team around him. Full of playmakers....just not at WR.

Ravens
Giants
Packers
Saints
Steelers
Giants
Colts
Steelers
Pats
Pats
Bucs
Pats
Ravens
Rams
Broncos
Broncos
Cowboys & 49'ers....

All those were elite TEAMS playing at an extremely high level in the playoffs. Not one there where I say to myself...yeah...the QB just single handedly took that team to a title. They were all-around team efforts that had it not been for the total team, those QB's wouldn't have as many, or a ring.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote