View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The false notion that Miami is the worst rebounding team and will suffer for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
What will matter is when they go up against teams with size in the East playoffs.

The last time they played the Pacers (with Birdman), they got beat on the boards 34-25 and lost the game. The time before that was 55-36 ans another loss.

Last time they played Chicago they got smoked 48-28 and lost.

Those are major drubbings on the board. And why they are 0-3 against those two teams.

These are the teams they need to worry about, not the Lakers like you mentioned who may not even make the playoffs let alone face Miami in the Finals.

Meanwhile it's pretty much their only weakness, so assuming they can at least stay competitive on the boards (I highly doubt they outrebound Chicago or Indy) they will be fine.

#1) The Heat didn't' even look like they tried in the last Indy game. Didn't send an extra man to attack the boards and other factors that we saw when Miami played Indiana in the playoffs (WITHOUT BOSH BTW and Miami still had no problem winning the series).

#2) We have yet to see Birdman and Bosh on the court together, and we will see plenty of that when it counts in the playoffs, as Spo has already given indications of with the media.

#3) You obviously didn't read the original post how the Heat adjust in the playoffs. Riley isn't stupid

#4) We heard the same arguments 2 years ago how the Bulls frontcourt and #1 ranked rebounding team would demolish the Heat on the boards in the ECF series. Well, it didn't happen, and before that series I broke down the reasons why, and I was correct on all accounts.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote