View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Nash
NBA sixth man of the year

Nash posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNash posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNash posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatti
Lebron is better and had mediocre teams for most of his carrer unlike Kobe, I agree with this. But is plain stupid to say Kobe was just carried by Shaq for three rings. He was a unbelievable scorer and a tenacious defender, and without him no way Shaq would had a three peat. And to be fair, I'm not sure if Lebron or even Jordan would won a FMVP award with prime Shaq in their teams.

If to measure greatness by rings is stupid, to measure by FMVP's is either.
I didn't say he was carried, thats not the point and he was not. All I meant was that Kobe had a quality team with Shaq and got 3 rings out of it. He was lucky in that regard. If Lebron had prime Shaq at the firs years of his career he would also have had a bigger amount of rings before being the main man.

That's why I don't like Jordan's rings comment because it doesn't apply. If lets say Lebron also had prime Shaq on his team before he became the man and got 0 rings, then Jordan's reasoning could be applied.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote