View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #41
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Could Dennis Rodman defend Lebron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Dennis Rodman's "Incedible defense on Shaq!" video has made Dennis Rodman overrated as a defender. Rodman was not the best defender in his time, he was known as a pest player that would get in your head and cheapshot you a few times in order to get you throw out of games, he also was good at making the right kind of hustle intangible plays at the right time to help the teams he was on, and was of course a supremely elite rebounder. But he wasn't some defensive god. If you want someone to defend Lebron from that era you pick Scottie Pippen.

I don't agree that Rodman is overrated. My memory tells me that during his prime everyone knew rodman was an elite defender, not just a pest, in addition to his rebounding ridiculousness. But I do agree that if the Bulls were playing the Heat, they might well end up matching Pippen with Lebron and sticking Rodman on Wade or even (maybe most likely) Bosh. That would be innnnteresting.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote