View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: SI's Top 10 Dunk Contest Dunks

Regarding the Five Worst Dunk Contests of All-Time, I've got two I feel belong on the list: 2012 (Last year's debacle) and 2002 (The Wheel). I actually kind of liked the 1996 and 1997 dunk contests and I certainly do not believe '97 was worse than 12's. I might remove those two and replace them with '02 and '12.

And outside of '04's terrible finish, I didn't find that contest to be too terrible either. Andersen performed well. Ricky Davis was solid. Fred Jones had at least one good dunk. And Jason Richardson pulled off an all-timer (the off-the-backboard, between-the-legs crush).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Agreed. VC's clockwise 360 windmill and MJ's sideways windmill should be battling #1 and #2.

The problem with JRich's dunks is that they weren't strong enough
I thought Richardson's dunks were strong. I mean, I didn't think they were ungodly powerful, but I thought they passed the threshold of what's deemed acceptable in that regard. But I respect your views there. Even then, I did not feel the dunk of his they included in that top ten list was his best competition dunk.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 02-14-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote