View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #1783
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Yeah, the whole Alex Collins thing was nuts. We had some fans here freaking out after his mom hired a lawyer, saying this wasn't going to go away anytime soon. However, since the day after NSD, I've barely heard a damn thing about it. Sports talk radio, message boards, news, etc. have all but stopped talking about it. And, really, what can his mom do now? It's not like she had a strong case that had a chance of standing up in court.

And on another note, I have to say I'm pretty damn impressed with the recruiting class Bielema was able to pull off in such a short amount of time. There were some fans losing their shit because he pulled the scholarship offer from a 4-star RB out of Louisiana and Knile Davis was leaving early, and they thought we were going to be extremely thin at RB. But Bielema goes into south Florida (well, Partridge deserves most of the credit) and gets a commitment from a 5-star RB. Then he gets a 4-star top 150 offensive lineman out of south Florida. Obviously ranking wise it's not all that impressive of a class, but given the situation and how little time he had to work with, I think he exceeded expectations. Heard on the radio that, out of the 25 players that took an OV after Bielema was hired, he got 20 of them to commit. Obviously a lot of them were already committed before he was hired, but we didn't have a lot of decommits like you normally see after a coaching change, and he closed the deal on the non-commits he wanted.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote