View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:13 AM   #102
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Scottie Pippen: Underrated/Overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabis
Pippen was a damn good player, but he is overrated like a mf'er on this board. People like to point out his all around peak years(5-6 year window)..but if you do that with other guys, they seem to put up better/similar numbers, while being the oppositions main priority....Pippen had a 1 1/2 year window of being the man...he got to the second round of the playoffs and was on the verge of missing the playoffs the following year. Apparently this is a knock on other greats, but on here its as if Pippen won two titles. Pippen was the best small forward of the 90's, top 10-12 player of that era, but he was not 2nd best to Jordan.

Drexler: 24.2 pts/6.8 reb/6.1 ast

Pippen: 20.4 pts/7.5 reb/ 5.9 ast

I wasn't going to post anything in this thread as we've all argued this whole thing to death and it's just boring, but Drexler and Pippen were actually really similar as far as scorers. The Main difference is that Drexler played in those high paced up tempo Blazer offense's and Pippen played in the slow, half court, triangle offense. He could have scored just as much as Drexler if he you replaced him on those Blazer teams running and gunning as he was at his best in the open court as a scorer. That's putting aside the fact that Pippen was vastly superior defensively too. I've always said that I found the whole Jordan vs Drexler hype in the 92 finals silly as the two best players were on the Bulls. Pippen was better than Drexler.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 01-31-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote